THE HEIDELBERG PROJECT
One of Detroit’s most frequented tourist spots, not that you’d really notice, considering it generates no revenue for the city, is this open air art goliath, The Heidelberg Project. In addition the city of Detroit has demolished the project twice! I remember the first time the city trounced Heidelberg in 1991. I’ll just say it had a gigantic impact on me and I’ll always remember that.
It is impossible to capture the magnificence of Heidelberg Project in a single photo. You must come to Detroit’s east side and wander through Heidelberg Street. If you can’t come to Detroit to see it a virtual tour is the next best thing.
The Heidelberg Project is not just restricted to Heidelberg Street. The project is in all corners of the city. It is found in the HP gallery that serves as a platform form young artists that are otherwise ignored, it is found in education of children via the ACE2 program, Heidelberg installations have appeared in the Detroit Institute of Arts, even a children’s book about Heidelberg. So if you ever visit Detroit, or if you live here, it’s more than worthwhile.
- 5helbs reblogged this from bornforhardluck
- eixstuff likes this
- 4noor reblogged this from bornforhardluck
- weliketothink reblogged this from bornforhardluck
- lavenderflag reblogged this from bethanthatscreepy
- smoresandstructurefires likes this
- bethanthatscreepy reblogged this from helfensiemir
- yannahbanana likes this
- sara-jane7 reblogged this from bornforhardluck
- sara-jane7 likes this
- debi1lowe likes this
- prettypuke likes this
- offensivegrindturd reblogged this from detroit-punk
- helfensiemir reblogged this from detroit-punk
- helfensiemir likes this
- detroit-punk reblogged this from bornforhardluck and added:
- weliketothink likes this
- bornforhardluck posted this